Mid North Coast Community Legal Centre (MNCLC) aims to provide legal assistance in as many areas of law as possible particularly where there isn’t another service available. Where we aren’t able to advise in a particular area of law, we will try to find a service that can help. In some cases that will be a private solicitor, but in many situations we can help find a free service.
A list of contacts follows for organisations that may be able to provide legal help.
- Law Access NSW (T. 1300 888 529) is a generalist legal information service for NSW. They do not generally provide legal advice, but can provide fast legal answers to questions over the phone and are an excellent first contact when working out what to do with a legal problem. Law Access NSW also run Law Assist, an online guide to some common areas of litigation in the local court including links to the right forms, sample letters, and step by step guides through the litigation process.
- The Financial Rights Legal Centre (T. 1800 808 488) is a specialist community legal centre providing legal advice on debt issues including mortgages, credit cards, telecommunication debts, and insurance.
- Insurance Law Service (T. 1300 663 464) is a national service providing advice on common legal disputes with insurance providers. This can include problems such as dealing with an insurer after a motor vehicle accident, or problems when an insurance claim is rejected.
- The Tenants Union of NSW provides information and advice for tenants in relation to their rental agreements and related issues. The local Mid Coast Tenants Advice Service is the local advice and advocacy service for tenants in the Mid North Coast region.
- Community Legal Centres NSW is the state representative body for community legal centres, this website includes a useful tool for finding your nearest legal centre from your postcode.
- National Association of Community Legal Centres (NACLC) is the peak body for community legal centres.
- The Law Society of NSW Solicitor Referral Service (T. 02 9926 0300) can provide contact numbers for private solicitors practicing in your region with expertise in specific legal topics.
- The National Children’s and Youth Law Centre is a Community Legal Centre dedicated to addressing human rights issues for children and young people in Australia through legal change.